1 pckt yeast
1 cup almond or soya milk
1/2 cup vegan butter
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tbs cinnamon
1/4 cup + 1 tbs sugar, divided
Almond or soya milk
1. In a small bowl microwave the milk and 3 tbs of vegan butter until melted.
2. Leave cool unit a warm temperature – not too hot otherwise it will kill the yeast.
3. Transfer to large mixing bowl and whisk in the yeast.
4. Leave to activate for 10 minutes.
5. Add in 1 tbs sugar and then the salt.
6. Next add in the flour 1/2 a cup at a time, stirring continuously until combined.
7. Knead into loose ball. Coat mixing bowl in oil and add ball back in.
8. Leave to rise for 1 hour.
9. On lightly floured surface roll dough into thin rectangle.
10. Brush with 3tbs melted vegan butter and top with 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
11. Preheat the oven to 180C.
12. Roll the pastry dough into 1.5-2 inch sections and place into oiled up deep dish pan.
13. Brush rolls again with 2 tbs vegan butter.
14. Bake rolls for 20-25 minutes until slightly golden brown.
15. Take them out of the oven and leave cool.
16. In a small bowl mix together some icing sugar and milk until it thickens and drizzle over the cinnamon rolls.