Note: some of the ingredients in this recipe I haven’t added measurements for – that’s because I don’t measure them out for myself. Add as much or as little as you like!
2 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tbs rice wine vinegar
330 ml water
1. Rinse the rice well and drain.
2. Add 330 ml water into saucepan with rice and boil for 10 minutes with lid on.
3. Turn off heat and leave to cool for 20 minutes.
4. Add the rice vinegar, sugar and salt to the rice and story in.
5. Drain the rice.
6. Spread nori sheet on bamboo mat.
7. Spread the rice evenly onto the nori sheets. Leave gap at top to seal.
8. Add any toppings you want. I prefer cucumber and carrot strips.
9. Roll the rice with the bamboo matt, lifting the mat before it rolls into and with the rice, repeating the process until fully rolled. (Sorry if that is a bit confusing!)
10. Leave for at least 10 minutes for the nori to soften.
11. Finally, cut the nori into small chunks and serve.