2.5 cups of flour
1 tbs cinnamon
1 1/4 tbs baking powder
1 1/4 tbs baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Pinch of ground ginger
4 carrots, grated
1 cup granulated auger
1 cup brown suger
3/4 cup vegetable oil
(Optional: chopped walnuts)
Handful of dates
140g soya milk
1. Put the cashews in a jug and fill it with boiling hot water. Leave for 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C In a separate bowl mix together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, baking soda and ginger.
3. Shred the carrots and put them into the same bowl.
4. Bake the mixture in a large pan for 35 minutes.
5. Put the sugars, banana and 1/4 of water into the blender and blend until smooth.
6. Drain the cashews and put them into the blender. Blend again until thick and frothy.
7. With the bottom of a spoon, spread the frosting generously over the cake until even.
8. Sprinkle over the chopped walnuts and freeze for 1 hour.