Note: This recipe originates from the vegan cookbook ‘Appetite for Reduction’ but I made a few small changes.
1 cup rice
2 cups water
1/4 tsp salt
1 whole butternut squash
1 cup shallots
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp lime zest
Pinch of chilli flakes (or red pepper)
1 cup coconut milk
1 vegetable broth stock
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Slice butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Slice in half lengthways again.
3. Put in oven for 45 minutes,
4. Preheat a large skillet with sesame oil and sauté in the shallots until brown.
5. Add in the salt, ginger, garlic, chilli flakes and coconut milk. Sauté for 2 minutes.
6.Add in the butternut squash once finished, rice and broth.
7. Continue cooking until heated through.